lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pablo Gomes Ludermir <gom...@gmail.com>
Subject question about IndexWriter.maxFieldLength
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 09:33:13 GMT
Dear all,

I would like to know about the maxFieldLength. It says on the Javadocs
that it limits "The maximum number of terms that will be indexed for a
single field in a document." So, for instance, in my "contents" field,
I would have it limited by default to 10.000 terms. But which terms
are those? The first 10.000 to be indexed?
Or is there any feature selection approach? Like, the most frequent
10.000 terms are indexed and the rest are discarded? Anyone knows
that? If this is not the case, Is it possible to implement?

Regards
Pablo

--
Pablo Gomes Ludermir