lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pablo Gomes Ludermir <gom...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: getting document metadata
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 19:08:11 GMT
Forgot to send to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pablo Gomes Ludermir <gomesp@gmail.com>
Date: May 3, 2005 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: getting document metadata
To: Luke Shannon <lshannon@futurebrand.com>

I actually would like to have a single field on the Document object,
named CONTENTS. My question would be if it is possible to retrieve the
document with its "number". e.g. IndexReader.document (n); And "n"
would be provided by the Hits.id(...) from the search results. Is it a
reliable approach?

Regards

On 5/3/05, Luke Shannon <lshannon@futurebrand.com> wrote:
> Hi Pablo;
>
> Can you give a little more detail? I don't understand what you mean when you
> say "indexing the path when adding the document to the index".
>
> If you get a Lucene document using  LucenePDFDocument class
> (http://www.pdfbox.org/javadoc/index.html), the document returned will
> contain a field called path. This will have the location of the document on
> the system. Is this what you are after?
>
> Luke

Pablo Gomes Ludermir
gomesp@gmail.com