lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@rojo.com>
Subject Ability to load a document with ONLY a few fields for performance?
Date Sat, 28 May 2005 06:31:11 GMT
I have a Document with about 15 fields.  I only need two of them.

How much faster would lucene be if I only fetched the two fields?  Each
field is a separate file and this would almost certainly slow down just
the basic IO.

I think I looked at this a long time ago and there was no high level API
for doing this and that I'd have to dive into SegmentReader stuff.

Any idea?

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator)! - visit http://rojo.com.
See irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.