lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dan Funk <fu...@BATTELLE.ORG>
Subject Re: Using Highlighter to highlight entire HTML documents?
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 12:31:50 GMT

 I wrote a very simple sax parser for our xml content -  I check for the
search tokens (analyzer.tokenStream)  in the text and place a span tag
around each found token.  This process could work well with xhtml  as well.

In other words, I could never get the highlighter to do what I wanted to
do, but there's a lot to be learned from the highlighter source.

Fred Toth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a need to present HTML documents with all search
> terms highlighted. Everything I've seen regarding the Highlighter
> code seems to point to the typical case of extracting relevant
> fragments from the text for presentation of hit lists.
>
> Is it possible to use the core highlighting code to process an
> entire document? Instead of extracting fragments, we would want
> the entire document back. Has anyone done this?
>
> Or is this the wrong approach? Even if the Highlighter is not an
> exact fit for this, it seems that the term positions could still be
> useful?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred Toth