lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Brun <ab...@opsys.fr>
Subject How to navigate through indexed terms
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 08:01:08 GMT
Hello,

I am currently looking for a way to navigate forward and backward among
the indexed terms.
For example, given a Term t, I would like to be able to get the next 10
terms or the previous 10 ones.

Getting the next terms is quite straitforward, using the terms(Term t)
method from IndexReader. The problem arises when I try to get the
previous terms. Since the TermEnum returned by IndexReader.terms(t) only
has a next() method, I had to get all the terms from the index and
iterate through them up to the given term. It it not a good method and
it will probably be very slow whith big indexes...

Has anyone ran through this problem yet?

Thanks,

                Antoine  Brun