lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Magoffin" <apache....@msqr.us>
Subject Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException on BooleanScorer.score()
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 19:45:34 GMT
The exception does come on the heels of an update to the index by a
different thread than the one the search runs in. These log statements
show the operations going on just prior to the exception:

May-05 12:36:05 DEBUG - Indexing Lead 1024
May-05 12:36:06 TRACE - CON Closing IndexWriter
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter@4b35ef
May-05 12:36:06 DEBUG - Parsing Lucene query string ...
May-05 12:36:06 DEBUG - Searching for leads with Lucene query: ...
May-05 12:36:06 TRACE - CON Thread[IndexQueueThread,5,main] releasing
WRITE lock for index [LEAD]
May-05 12:36:06 TRACE - CON Thread[main,5,main] got READ lock for index
[LEAD]
May-05 12:36:06 TRACE - CON Cached new IndexReader
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader@15c80a4
May-05 12:36:06 TRACE - CON Created new IndexSearcher
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher@1c1f2
May-05 12:36:06 ERROR - Lucene exception during search on [LEAD]
May-05 12:36:06 TRACE - CON Thread[main,5,main] releasing READ lock for
index [LEAD]

The search begins after the other thread's index update is complete,
however (as shown by the "releasing WRITE lock" and "got READ lock"
messages). Also a new IndexReader is created after the write completes in
this situation.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

-- m@