lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw00d <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using Highlighter to highlight entire HTML documents?
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 21:49:30 GMT
Fred Toth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a need to present HTML documents with all search
> terms highlighted. Everything I've seen regarding the Highlighter
> code seems to point to the typical case of extracting relevant
> fragments from the text for presentation of hit lists.

If you dont want to fragment your docs either pass  the highlighter an
instance of the default fragmenter with it's "fragment size in bytes"
property set to a very large number or pass a custom fragmenter
implementation which always returns false when asked if the next token
starts a new fragment.

Cheers
Mark