lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: MultiSearcher GUI? Before/After query?
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 20:43:31 GMT
KW Kor wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just wondering, is there a Lucene graphical user interface that supports
> searching over multiple indexes? Normally I'ld use Luke, but it does not
> support MultiSearcher and it looks difficult to hack Luke.

Hi,

Regarding Luke - actually, it would not be so difficult to implement
this (at least for me ;-) ). Save for some minor exceptions, Luke opens
an IndexReader once, and I could add another version of the Open dialog
to use open multiple indexes.

(I can't promise, however, to do it quickly - I'm finalizing a couple of
projects now, so this has to wait a bit...)

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki