lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Maik Schreiber <blizzy-keyword-lucene_user.f54...@blizzy.de>
Subject Re: Contribution: LuceneIndexAccessor
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 10:14:42 GMT
>>>Did you use a readwrite lock? If you did, do you know how the
>
> performance of new readers is effected if a single write is processed?
> ??Every request for a reader has to wait untill the writer is finished..

No, I'm not using that kind of read/write lock. In fact, you can open multiple
readers and searchers while concurrently having opened a writer. Closing the
writer will block until all readers and searchers have been released by client
code (so they can be closed).

--
Maik Schreiber   *   http://www.blizzy.de

GPG public key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1F11D713
Key fingerprint: CF19 AFCE 6E3D 5443 9599 18B5 5640 1F11 D713