lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Spencer <dave-lucene-u...@tropo.com>
Subject Re: Search Theory Book
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 01:06:45 GMT
Anna Bing wrote:

> Firstly the Lucene in Action Book is great.  It really helped me with
> implementing search for a project.
>
> Sorry if this is the wrong forum but as you are all search people.  I
> wondered if you could recommend any good books about search
> theory/algorithms, readable if that is possible in an algorithm book =).
> Is there a key text like GOF book with Design Patterns for search?

I found Managing Gigabytes (MG) excellent, and am currently reading
Foundations of Statistical Natural Language Processing which is good.
To me MG is like one of Date's good on RDBMS's - nice, thorough and
complete, textbook style, coverage of an area in Computer Science.
These are not fluffy Dummy books!