lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ramya <ramya_krish...@sifycorp.com>
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 14:33:12 GMT
1. I am trying to pump in large number of documents( to the tune of
50000) ... I use muliple threads and i depend on the internal locks of
lucene to synchronize the write access to the index.

try
            {
                index = new IndexWriter(d, new StandardAnalyzer(), false);
            }
            catch(IOException e)
            {
                index = new IndexWriter("indexdir", new
StandardAnalyzer(), true);
            }
            index.addDocument(x.doc);
            index.close();

<then i add a docu

I have the following problem.
1. Somehow one lock file remains in the tmp directory. When this
happens  i get the error
FileNotFoundException: /root/mails/mailindex/indexdir/segments (No such
file or directory)
2. I thought when the index is closed the lock is released internally.
If it had been the case y would the lock file remain in the tm dir??

2. The size of the index file is too large(Almost 50% of the original
document). I use the standard analyzer. Will using a different analyzer
help. What would i loose if i use a different one.

I use the version lucene-1.4.3

Any hellp would be appreciated.

--
Thanks and regards
Ramya Krishnan

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin@sifycorp.com