lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chuck Williams <ch...@allthingslocal.com>
Subject Re: Results ranking on filtered multi-field query
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 18:31:29 GMT
Mike Baranczak wrote:

> I substituted DistributedMultiFieldQueryParser for
> MultiFieldQueryParser, leaving everything else the same, and now it
> works. Thanks for your help.
>
> Any chance that these classes, or something like them, will be
> included in the main distribution at some point?

There was a process to do an empirical evaluation of the current Lucene
query parsing and default score computation formulas (DefaultSimilarity)
vs. mine (and any others who wanted to parpticipate). Personally I think
the point was proven, but the effort seemed to lose steam. I'm only in a
position to lobby.

Glad it worked for you,

Chuck