lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Lilja, Bjorn" <>
Subject RE: Strange results using QueryParser (?)
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 13:05:21 GMT

Daniel's suggestions was quite correct. Is the "/" suposed to be turned into a whitespace?
In that case, how do I stop it? I do wish to search for the entire exact word "Blankett/Mall".

Björn Lilja | Technology Services | Consultant
Tel: +46 8 5368 5000
Mob: +46 702 651 027

Capgemini | We help companies and their employees to achieve more.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Naber []
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 5:17 PM
To: Lilja, Bjorn
Subject: Re: Strange results using QueryParser (?)

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 17:04, Lilja, Bjorn wrote:

> I first suspected the "/"-sign to be the cause of the problem, but
> searching for "documenttype:blankett/ma*" actually returns the
> expected result.

I suggest you use toString() on the parsed query. The "/" is probably interpreted like a whitespace
and you may end up with a query "documenttype:blankett mall", i.e. "mall" searched in the
default field, not in documenttype.

If that doesn't help you could create a small test case (index and search just one document)
and post that to the list.

Daniel Naber, IntraFind Software AG, Tel. 089-8906 9700

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message