lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vince Taluskie <vgtalus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NFS
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 04:10:11 GMT
Richard,

In an earlier note, I mentioned using an Netapp R100 for storage of our
indexes and content - so I can say that Lucene definitely works accessing
over NFS. I think this is more for updating/merging the same indexes across
multiple systems simultaneously and once the indexes are there - I wouldn't
think you'd have any issues with NFS per se. Just having them open for reads
doesn't create any lockfiles...

I guess I would be curious if lucene itself creates filesystem lock files,
where is the chance that other systems couldn't see them - the lockfile is
after all a file in a network filesystem so I don't quite see the whole
issue here.

Vince