lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Veentjer - Anchor Men" <p.veent...@anchormen.nl>
Subject RE: Contribution: LuceneIndexAccessor
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 08:27:52 GMT

My company would like to make the following contribution to Lucene (in
sandbox?) licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

Background: While doing project work on a web-based search engine we
have developed a component called LuceneIndexAccessor. This component
provides a high-level index access interface, that is, it synchronizes
read/write access to a Lucene index. You no longer need to worry about
concurrently opening readers/writers/searchers. The component also does
caching where applicable. Further, it makes sure that all Searchers get
closed whenever you have added a document to the index.

>>Did you use a readwrite lock? If you did, do you know how the
performance of new readers is effected if a single write is processed?
??Every request for a reader has to wait untill the writer is finished..

I used this solution in the beginning but at the moment I use one that
doesn`t block at all.