lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: problem while merging two indexes
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 22:45:00 GMT
You should be able to re-try the merge (from the beginning - there is
no way to restart it at any point other than the beginning).  The merge
and the new index is "finalized" at the very end of the merge, so if it
failed before that, your Lucene index (the segments file) still doesn't
know about the newly created segments that you see in you index
directory.

My suggestion: copy your indices, play with copies and see what
happens.

Otis