lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <>
Subject Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException on BooleanScorer.score()
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 09:39:03 GMT

On Thursday 05 May 2005 21:26, Matt Magoffin wrote:
> Hello, I'm having a tough time trying to get to the root of an exception I
> see sometimes on my Lucene 1.4.3 index. The exception is:
>  at
>  at
>  at
>  at
>  at<init>(
>  at
>  at
> and occurs when current.coord is set to 4 but coordFactors is of length 4.
>  The maxCoord is value is 4 at this time, too. I can't get this to happen
> every time I run the unit test that this error occurs in... which is very
> frustrating, sorry.
> I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what might cause this exception
> (I'm assuming something is wrong on my use of Lucene, but I can't find
> what).

It took some sleep to realize this:
This exception can happen when a scorer is add()'ed to the BooleanScorer after
the query search has begun. Given that it is difficult to reproduce, the odds
are that there two threads not properly synchronized: one add()ing
to the BooleanScorer and one searching the query too soon and
producing the above exception.

Paul Elschot.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: