lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From KW Kor <s0454...@sms.ed.ac.uk>
Subject MultiSearcher GUI? Before/After query?
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 18:33:01 GMT
Hi folks,

Just wondering, is there a Lucene graphical user interface that supports
searching over multiple indexes? Normally I'ld use Luke, but it does not
support MultiSearcher and it looks difficult to hack Luke.

On another note, is there any support for before/after phrase queries? I need to
construct a query that is able to search for documents where specific phrases
must appear in a fixed order in a document. For example, "Nobel Prize" must
occurr before "Roger Penrose" which must occurr before "Superstring Theory". So
the query would match "Nobel Prize winner, Roger Penrose, today published a
paper on Superstring Theory", but would not match "Roger Penrose today
published a paper on Superstring Theory. A Nobel Prize winner, ..."

Btw, its great to see Lucene grow from its old SourceForge roots to a top level
project at apache.org. Thanks for keeping my name on the "Who we are" page even
though I have not contributed in years. Hello Doug, Otis, et al.

Regards,
Dave Kor.