lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Luke Shannon" <lshan...@futurebrand.com>
Subject Re: getting document metadata
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 19:05:37 GMT
Hi Pablo;

Can you give a little more detail? I don't understand what you mean when you
say "indexing the path when adding the document to the index".

If you get a Lucene document using  LucenePDFDocument class
(http://www.pdfbox.org/javadoc/index.html), the document returned will
contain a field called path. This will have the location of the document on
the system. Is this what you are after?

Luke

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pablo Gomes Ludermir" <gomesp@gmail.com>
To: "Lucene user list" <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 2:23 PM
Subject: getting document metadata

Hello all,

I would like to retrieve some document metadata after the search, i.e.
the documents that are returned in the Hits would be PDFs and I would
be able to get some info using PDFBox.
But I am not sure about indexing the path when adding the document to
the index (I do some processing with the contents of the index, and I
would like to have only one field: the body contents). Is there
another way to get the document's path if we don't index it? Or just
with magic? :)

Regards,

--
Pablo Gomes Ludermir