lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <mic...@buy-links-now.com>
Subject RE: Search Theory Book
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 06:33:10 GMT
I would go with "Information Retrieval: Algorithms and Heuristics" by
Grossman (a bit expensive, but worth the money
http://www.fetchbook.info/compare.do?search=0134638379).

--
www.FetchBook.Info
Find the lowest price - Compare more then a hundred book stores in a click.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Soboroff [mailto:ian.soboroff@nist.gov]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 10:08 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Search Theory Book

"Monsur Hossain" <monsur@monsur.com> writes:

> Much along the same lines, I'm curious if "Information Retrieval: Data
> Structures and Algorithms" (by William B. Frakes, Ricardo Baeza-Yates)
> is a good resource?  Its referenced a lot in "Modern Information
> Retrieval", but I imagine because its written by the same guys.

It's out of print, and is rather out of date... for example, the chapter in
indexing is neat for the early 90s but not necessarily relevant when disk is
fast and cheap.

There's a web page at http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~rbaeza/iradsbook/irbook.html
with a table of contents and some code from the book.

Ian