lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paladin " <palad...@club-internet.fr>
Subject sort and updating indexes
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 03:55:22 GMT
Hi.
i use lucene to index a base with 3 millions of articles and i have a problem with the sort
and to update my indexes.
for exemple i have 4 articles :
a,b,c,d>
and i want to update the b and put an article =22e=22 i delete the b and i put in my indexes
the update b and the e
so the order in my index is :
a,c,d,b,e.

when i search my articles i want them to be sort by their number and to avoid a large mount
of memory i use the fonction sortfield with the type at 1 to have my result in the index order
(document number).
Of course after an updating my index order means nothing...

so this is my question : is it possible to do a sort on the index after an updating to have
a correct order ?

i hope i was clear (forgive my poor english..)

thanks in advance