lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Tschumy <b...@otherwise.com>
Subject Re: Corrupted index
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:29:16 GMT
Daniel,

Thanks for responding on this thread.  I doubt the copy was made while
the index was being updated and I don't see any indication of a crash.

Just for my clarification, if I update the index, but don't close the
IndexWriter (because I may need it again soon), can the index on disk
be left in an inconsistent state?  Do I need to close the IndexWriter
to assure the index is OK in disk?

It is imperative I figure out what is going on.  I can't take the risk
of my customer's data becoming corrupted due to my error.

Bill

On Apr 8, 2005, at 4:59 PM, Daniel Naber wrote:

> On Friday 08 April 2005 23:51, Bill Tschumy wrote:
>
>> Would
>> this happen if there was a Writer that was not closed?
>
> Either the copy was done while the index was being updated, or the
> previous
> index update didn't finish (e.g. because it crashed before the index
> was
> closed).
>
> Regards
>  Daniel