lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Tschumy <>
Subject Re: Corrupted index
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:29:16 GMT

Thanks for responding on this thread.  I doubt the copy was made while
the index was being updated and I don't see any indication of a crash.

Just for my clarification, if I update the index, but don't close the
IndexWriter (because I may need it again soon), can the index on disk
be left in an inconsistent state?  Do I need to close the IndexWriter
to assure the index is OK in disk?

It is imperative I figure out what is going on.  I can't take the risk
of my customer's data becoming corrupted due to my error.