lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Implementing(Indexing) as Server
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:44:36 GMT

On Apr 8, 2005, at 1:03 PM, bib bib wrote:

> Hi All
>
> People use my webapp to load documents. I want to use lucene to index
> and present a search page for them. My files are uploaded to a
> directory.
>
> I want to write a program which runs stand alone and does all the
> indexing etc. My web app just searches and displays.
>
> Is there a sample app for doing this.

The demo web application that comes with Lucene is exactly this,
however its not quite as clean as we'd like.  The standalone
application part is covered by that demo code, and there is also a
cleaner codebase to start with in the Lucene in Action source code -
http://www.lucenebook.com - (see the lia.meetlucene package code for
Indexer and Searcher).

	Erik