lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: CVS Lucene 2.0
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:57:30 GMT

On Apr 26, 2005, at 9:12 AM, Peter Veentjer - Anchor Men wrote:
> How can I send the modified sources? Do they have to be checked?

Submit patches in unified diff format to Lucene's issue tracking system
- see the links on the Lucene site.

> And 1.9 is going to be backwards compatible, but 2.0?

The goal is to have 1.9 backwards compatible with 1.4.3 API, but many
things will be deprecated.  2.0 will remove all those deprecated
methods.  If you can your app with 1.9 without deprecation warnings,
then you can upgrade cleanly to 2.0.  Functionally 1.9 and 2.0 will be
the same though.

>  Are only
> deprecated methods removed or can the structure be subject of change
> also?

I don't think at this point anything structural has been proposed as
different between 1.9 and 2.0.

> Btw:
> I would like to improve the MultiFieldQueryParser. The code is
> strange..
> It looks like the MultiFieldQueryParser is extending the QueryParser,
> but it isn`t (so the structure has to be improved). And the
> MultiFieldQueryParser loses the ability to use 'and' searching. So foo
> bar would be foo AND bar instead of foo OR bar.

Improvements always welcome!

	Erik