lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: Reverting QueryParser ?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:12:37 GMT

On Apr 14, 2005, at 11:32 AM, Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> Hi,
> I am currently evaluating the need for an elaborate query
> data-structure (to be exchanged over XML-RPC) as opposed to working
> with plain strings.
> One thing that would heavily vote for strings would be to have query
> objects returned by Query-parser reconvertible to a string (and back).
> did anyone did this ?

No, this hasn't been done except for the basic Query.toString() output
which for the most part is parsable again.

The question is, what do you do about the analysis process?  It's a
one-way transformation - and parsing again may not yield the same

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message