lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Giovanni Novelli <giovanni.nove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PHP-Lucene Integration
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:30:18 GMT
As Lucene native language is Java it should be more natural to access its
functionalities through JSP; anyway the idea of accessing Lucene
functionalities seems interesting as PHP is perhaps most widely deployed
server side scripting language.
I think that the way to provide access to Lucene API in PHP development
should be more general and clean as possible, so in my opinion the natural
way should be based on a single layer that interoperates with Lucene API: an
Apache module. Then should be needed a PHP API to call such module from PHP.

Having an Apache module for Lucene as a component of Lucene project should
allow the spread of Lucene not only in PHP development arena.