lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Boosting not working?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:52:47 GMT

On Apr 14, 2005, at 4:32 PM, Martin May wrote:

> I've got the book (which is great, btw). I used Luke to get
> explanations
> of the results, but I don't see any boosts in the explanations.

The index-time boosts are folded into the field normalization factor,
so you won't see boost by itself.  That field normalization factor also
takes other things into account like how long the field is - so your
boost may be overwhelmed by some other factors.

A simple detailed example would be helpful.

	Erik