lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <>
Subject Re: token type question
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:19:13 GMT

Le 22 avr. 05, à 09:36, Pierrick Brihaye a écrit :

>> Are you say that I should construct Token in analyzer like
>> new Token ("chem_H2O", 100, 103, "chem");
>> note that chem_ is added prefix to H2O, and 100 to 103 is length of
>> H2O rather than chem_H2O?
> Well... 100 to 103 are offsets provided by the reader (an are thus
> usually offsets in the source file). These offsets may help you to
> make some computations but they are lost when the token is indexed.

?? not in all situations, or ?? You couldn't render it back otherwise
as is done search-result highlighting.

One thing that tackles me is how much this parameter could, again, be
something different...

In particular, I'd much prefer to have it a tree-path instead of a
plain number. I don't have reader plain numbers and they are, often,
lost in an XML content-base.

hopeable ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: