lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Romero Mariela" <mariela.rom...@xlnet.net.ar>
Subject RV: nested queries
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:17:12 GMT

Hi all,

We are using Lucene to search business objects with simple queries, but
now we need advanced searchs.

For example, we have a user object which has as indexed fields the type
of the object, its id and its role, and an account object which has as
indexed fields the type, its id and the id of the owner user.

	User	-> type, userId, role
	Account -> type, accountId , userId

We want to find the accounts of the users with a given role. I tried
with the query (type:account AND owner:(type:user AND role:XXX)) but it
is parsed as (type:account AND +(type:user AND role:XXX)) and hence the
search result isn't the expected one. How can I do to find the accounts
of the users with a given role???