lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Wiki formatting changes
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 08:51:17 GMT
On 06-04-2005 02:44, "Erik Hatcher" <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> I suppose this should be addressed to Leo...

Oh no, please do direct this stuff at infra@; there's more people than just
me working on this. I might not be around :-D

> anything we can do about
> the issue mentioned below regarding wiki formatting?

In short, no. In long...

<snip/>
>  a side effect
>> seems to be that some page formatting which used to work no
>> longer does

<snip/>
>> does anyone know what exactly changed?

Not me, though I think there is some information hidden somewhere on
moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de. Basically the moin people cleaned up their parser a
whole lot.

>> is there an easy config option
>> that can be toggled to get the old behavior,

I'm afraid not, sorry.

>> or do we just need to
>> slowly
>> tweak all of the existing docs (there are quite a few with this
>> problem)
>> to eliminate the whitespace?

Well, it wouldn't have to be slowly. These pages in the end are all plain
text. One could write a script that looks for something like

And replace it with

  "$1 $2 $3"

Or something similar. I don't have time for that right now, but file a jira
issue, and it might happen sooner or later :-D

Cheers,

Leo