lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Analyzer don't work with wildcard queries, snowball analyzer.
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:08:37 GMT
On Mar 31, 2005, at 12:26 PM, Ernesto De Santis wrote:
> Hi Erik

Finally, my name spelled correctly..... :))

> Ok, in PrefixQuery cases, non analyze is right.
>
> But you think that non analyze in WildcardQuery is right?

Do I think its right?  That's just the way it is.  Whether that is
right or not I don't know for sure.  I don't think analyzing a wildcard
expression is going to do the right thing in most cases - consider
analyzers that split on special characters like ? and * - in fact I'd
bet your analyzer currently does that!

> You search "example" and obtain x results.
> You search "ex?mple" and don't obtain any result.
> This is correct for you?
> It is difficult to analyze wildcard queries in lucene code?

Your free to subclass QueryParser and override getWildcardQuery and
analyze the term text.  I suspect you won't have much success though.
Please let us know what you find.

	Erik