lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Fields with same name boosting
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:40:53 GMT

Le 15 avr. 05, à 14:44, Peter Veentjer - Anchor Men a écrit :
> I have question about field boosting.
>
> If I have 2 (or more) fields with the same fieldname in a single
> document, and I boost one of those, than only that one will be boosted?
> Or will all fields with the same name be boosted? I guess only one
> field
> is boosted, but I want to be certain.

I'd love to see a bit more about this.
One more ambiguity is the javadoc of Field.getBoost:

 > Returns the boost factor for hits on any field of this document.

In any case... what I'm not clear about is wether there is the
possibility to set the boost for all fields of this name for all
documents...
Reading the book didn't help me there but I may have overlooked.

paul