lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <>
Subject Passing XML objects to the analyzer ?
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:55:36 GMT

I am working on an index to search XML data in a fixed format that I
master well...
The idea is that the XML content (which I have as JDOM object) actually
carries the semantic which would be best converted directly into tokens
by something like an analyzer. However, adding fields is done not using
the result of the analysis (or a stream thereof) but using readers or

I have two choices and would like to know what's the best:
- make the text passed to the analyzer a simple "instruction" which
will fetch the XML objects and do the analysis there
- make a pre-analysis step which converts it into tokens of text which
then my analyzer catches again.
I'd be more inclined for the first solution but I fear there's a catch.

Is there one ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message