lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Re[6]: Analyzer don't work with wildcard queries, snowball analyzer.
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 13:21:36 GMT

On Apr 2, 2005, at 7:01 AM, Sven Duzont wrote:
> EH> Could you share that filter with the community?
> Of course, the code is in the attachment

Thanks for sharing that!

Would you be interested in donating that to the contrib area for
analyzers?  The topic of normalizing accented characters has come up
often lately.   I noticed you already put the Apache license at the top
of the code.

>>>     // The first clause is required
>>>     if(bClauses[0].prohibited != true)
>>>       bClauses[0].required = true;
> EH> Why do you flip the required flag like this?
> On the search interface, near the keyword field, there is a combo
> with 4 values :
> - KW_MODE_OR      : "Search for at least one of the terms"
> - KW_MODE_AND     : "Search for all the terms"
> - KW_MODE_PHRASE  : "Search for exact phrase"
> - KW_MODE_BOOLEAN : "Search using boolean query" (for advanced users)
>   I flip the request field only when boolean expression is selected
>   It force the first term to be required so the user will not
>   need to specify the "+" or "AND" operator
>   Maybe there is a more elegant way to do this ?

When using QueryParser, you can set the default operator, which is
normally OR.  It will handle setting the first (and every) clause
appropriately.  You'll need to instantiate an instance of QueryParser
to set that flag (see javadocs for details).

	Erik