lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Victor Abeytua <vabey...@dit.upm.es>
Subject Re: Multiple field search problem
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:28:36 GMT
Thanks for the quick reply.
    As I supposed, the answer was right in front of me. To build a query
as the one I wanted I have to use the BooleanQuery class:

        Term term1 = new Term("field1", "Policy planning");
        Term term2 = new Term("field1", "Newspapers");
        Term term3 = new Term("field2", "Spanish");
        Query query = new TermQuery(term1);
        Query query2 = new TermQuery(term2);
        Query query3 = new TermQuery(term3);
        BooleanQuery bquery = new BooleanQuery ();
        BooleanQuery bquery2 = new BooleanQuery ();
        bquery.add(query, false, false);
        bquery.add(query2, false, false);
        bquery2.add (bquery, true, false);
        bquery2.add (query3, true, false);