lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Victor Abeytua <>
Subject Multiple field search problem
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:39:46 GMT
Hello everyone,
    In the project I'm currently involved we are using lucene (+
Digester) to index a small number of XML files. To be able to perform
the searches I want, I should need to query the index with something
similar to (where fieldN are XML tags):
(field1:"Policy and planning" OR  field1:Newspapers) AND field2:Spanish

    I haven't been able to find any class that suits my needs and if I
try to use QueryParse.parse() to be able to write the query in "human"
form, the analyzer takes the "and" away and changes the string to lower
case. This is something I can't afford as I need to be able to search by
the exact keywords.
    Any ideas are welcome. Perhaps the answer is right in front of me
but I haven't been able to figure it out.

    Thanks in advance,
    Victor Abeytua

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: