lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Volodymyr Bychkoviak <vbychkov...@i-hypergrid.com>
Subject Re: WildCard search replacement
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:40:10 GMT
Hi,

first of all you'll never get TooManyClauseException because you're
sesarching for phrase query. (i.e. this query will not be rewrited into
boolean query).

about your question: if you need search like 123* you can use some term
as begining marker and include this term at the begining of phrase
query. But if prefix is long enough then ordinary PrefixQuery can win in
speed. (it can vary depending on indexing conditions)

Regards,
Volosymyr Bychkoviak.