lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Che Dong <ched...@chedong.com>
Subject Re: sorting on "dates" a little fuzzy...
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 03:26:26 GMT
Just like Google said: full text search service is not traditional
database application. Lucene is not a database too: if you wanna sort on
some fields, you'd better pre-sort it before it indexed: like date. then
get results by doc id.

For lucene you can only sort results in top hits. if you sort 400k
result hits by date: you lost the speed of Lucene.

Thanks

Che Dong
http://www.chedong.com/

Erik Hatcher 写道: