lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Maik Schreiber <blizzy-keyword-lucene_user.f54...@blizzy.de>
Subject Re: Best way to purposely corrupt an index?
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:27:19 GMT
> As the index is rather critical to my program, I just wanted to make it really
> robust, and able to cope should a problem occur with the index itself.
> Otherwise, the user will be left with a non-functioning program with no
> explanation. That's my reasoning anyway.

You should perhaps go about implementing an automatic index backup feature of
some sort. In the case of index corruption you would at least be able to go
back to the latest backup.

--
Maik Schreiber   *   http://www.blizzy.de

GPG public key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1F11D713
Key fingerprint: CF19 AFCE 6E3D 5443 9599 18B5 5640 1F11 D713