lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hungarian notation analyzer and phrase queries
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:59:32 GMT
Paul Smith wrote:
> So it sounds like there isn't a perfect solution, but I think the best
> tradeoff for me is to put them all in the same position.... unless
> anyone has more input on the subject?

If they're all at the same position you can still use slop to match the
phrase.  So if 'power', 'query' and 'powerquery' are all at the same
position, a search for "power query" with slop=1 will match.  Also, you
can specify a default slop to the query parser, so when folks enter just
"power query" it will automatically have slop=1.  This will permit some
false positives, e.g., the text "power green query" will match with slop=1.

Doug