lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Giles <mgi...@furl.net>
Subject Re: lucene - nutch to rss?
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:25:26 GMT
I think you are over-complicating it.  There is no need to turn the HTML
into RSS.  Once you're in HTML, you've gone too far.  You just need to
change the code in the JSP page that currently renders HTML so that it
renders XML/RSS instead.  Then pass requests to your new JSP page when
folks want RSS results.

You can obviously get into issues of caching and such to optimize
performance, but to just get some RSS feeds up should be pretty simple
(and shouldn't require anything other than a basic understanding of JSP).

-Mike