lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gusenbauer Stefan <>
Subject Re: NoSuchMethodError
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 06:22:06 GMT wrote:

>Hello -
>I tried to modify Document(File) method as Document1(String) of The
parameter is String, not File. However I got:
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.lucene.demo.HTMLDocument.Document1(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/lucene/document/Document;
>        at org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexRemoteHTML.indexDocs1(
>        at org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexRemoteHTML.indexDocs(
>        at org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexRemoteHTML.main(
>What could be wrong?
>Thanks for help in advance...
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:
try to check the modifiers of the main method and of the Document1
method they should be static I think. By the way a better approach would
be you rename the Document1 Method to Document (overloading) and call in
the new Document(String file) method the original Document Method.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message