lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chuck Williams <>
Subject Re: Escaping special characters
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 06:38:46 GMT
Mufaddal Khumri writes (4/6/2005 11:21 PM):

>Am new to Lucene. I found the following page:
> At the bottom
>of the page there is a section that in order to escape special
>characters one would use "\".
>I have an Indexer that indexes product names. Some product names have
>"-" character in them. When I use my search class to search for product
>names with - in them it wont find those products.
How did you index those product names?  I.e., if you used a tokenized
field for the product names and an analyzer that breaks on the hyphens,
then there are no hyphenated tokens for you to match.  I would suggest
using Luke to browse your index and see what you have.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message