lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Eacott" <>
Subject lucene 1.4 + needs spaces problem
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 02:50:35 GMT
	 I recently upgraded from lucene 1.3 final to 1.4 and discovered some things
which no longer seem to work right.

I am using
QueryParser parser = new QueryParser( "terms", analyzer);
query = parser.parse(TextParameters);

I then proceed to flesh out the query with a bunch of BooleanQuery's

all this works great with the older lucene but I get lots of error s in the trace because
I am
also using the compoundindex (need to on a windoze box to prevent too many file handles

anyway -
if I run a query something like

it no longer works unless I ensure there are spaces around each +

eg this works

properties@conf:false + properties@year:"2004" + properties@month:"February" +

can anyone tell me if this has been fixed somewhere or whether this was by design? (I
cannot imagine that it is)

I know I have and set by default but this should still work I think.

thanks in Advance

btw - the mailinglist search is broken, I get
 VelocityServlet: Error processing the template
 null: Got error 127 from table handlerorg.apache.velocity.exception.VelocityException:
null: Got error 127 from table handler
      at org.tigris.eyebrowse.servlets.EyebrowseServlet.handleRequest(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.velocity.servlet.VelocityServlet.doRequest(
      at org.tigris.eyebrowse.servlets.EyebrowseServlet.doRequest(Unknown Source)

for this URL

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message