lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gusenbauer Stefan <gusenba...@eduhi.at>
Subject Re: Can not delete cfs file
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 19:33:04 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Could you provide your test case code as well as the full stack trace
> of the error you're receiving?
>
>     Erik
>
> On Apr 2, 2005, at 9:13 AM, Gusenbauer Stefan wrote:
>
>> I'm writing a little application and therefore I've implemented unit
>> tests. There i've a method to test my removeindex method, the problem
>> is can't delete the cfs file. When i try to delete it manually it
>> works. But within the tests the method cannot delete this file. I've
>> searched through my code but IndexWriter is always closed. I've read
>> in another java forum that it is possible that are streams on this
>> file open. Is it possible to tell lucene or better to force lucene,
>> that it should close all streams. segments and deleteable i can
>> delete without any problems. I've also tried to force unlock but this
>> makes no changes to the result.
>> thanks
>> stefan

Sorry for beeing late!
Only the test code wouldn't be very useful for understanding because
there are a lot of dependencies in the other code. I can explain what I
do: I open an IndexWrite close it then open an IndexReader close it and
open an IndexWriter then close it. Then i try to delete the files from
the index and only the cfs file i cannot delete. I try to get out the
code which is involved later on. I get no failure message only the
that the fail could not be removed.
Stefan