lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Øie <k...@gan.no>
Subject Re: Lucene Search Result with Line Numbers?
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:07:01 GMT
Oh, forgot your last question, thats why the field "line" has to be
stored, upon query you have to get the "line" number from the document
that represents the line and in "forward" / "back" actions you will
have sort the resultset by line value and print only chunks of that
result.

Mvh Karl Øie

> Another question:
>   If we need to present the search result with the hit lines plus n
> lines forward and backword, how can I do this if each lines are
> seperated in each document?
>   for example:
>
>  1. contents in crash.java are:
>       public class crash {
>           public static void main(String[] args) {
>           }
>       }
>  2. query "main"
>  3. search result= the hit line +1 line and -1 line
>      1 public class crash {
>      2    public static void main(String[] args) {
>      3   }
>
> On Apr 11, 2005 8:28 PM, Karl Øie <karl@gan.no> wrote:
>> Most indexing creates a Lucene document for each Source document. What
>> would need is to create a Lucene document for each line.
>>
>> String src_doc = "crash.java";
>> int line_number = 0;
>> while(reader!=EOF) {
>>         String line = reader.readLine();
>>         Document ld = new Document();
>>         ld.add(new Field("id", src_doc, true, true, false));
>>         ld.add(new Field("line", ""+line_number, true, true, false));
>>         ld.add(new Field("text", line.toString(), false, true, true));
>>         index_writer.addDocument(ld);
>>         line_number++;
>> }
>>
>> This will create a small lucene document for each line, upon search
>> you
>> will find documents based on the content of the line and the line
>> number as a field. The reason syntax highlighting works without
>> creating a lucene document for each line is because syntax
>> highlighting
>> bases its result on groups of occurencies of text, not line numbers.
>>
>> Mvh Karl Øie

- Real life should have a search function. I need my socks.