lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Veentjer - Anchor Men" <p.veent...@anchormen.nl>
Subject RE: CVS Lucene 2.0
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:12:39 GMT
How can I send the modified sources? Do they have to be checked?

And 1.9 is going to be backwards compatible, but 2.0? Are only
deprecated methods removed or can the structure be subject of change
also?

Btw:
I would like to improve the MultiFieldQueryParser. The code is strange..
It looks like the MultiFieldQueryParser is extending the QueryParser,
but it isn`t (so the structure has to be improved). And the
MultiFieldQueryParser loses the ability to use 'and' searching. So foo
bar would be foo AND bar instead of foo OR bar.

Peter

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Verzonden: maandag 25 april 2005 17:48
Aan: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: CVS Lucene 2.0

On Apr 25, 2005, at 8:08 AM, Peter Veentjer - Anchor Men wrote:
> Is the sourcecode of Lucene 2.0 accessable? I have looked on the site,

> but I couldn`t find a link.

There has been no binary release of it.  The codebase available from
Subversion checkout and easily built with Ant is available using:

	svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk

The current trunk will be (except for any changes that occur in the next
few days or weeks) Lucene 1.9 and Lucene 2.0 will be the same as
1.9 except with the deprecated methods removed.

> And where are the archived mailinglists? They where of great value to
> me.

You can view them here:

	http://www.mail-archive.com/java-user%40lucene.apache.org/

Erik