lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Veentjer - Anchor Men" <p.veent...@anchormen.nl>
Subject RE: Dynamic index building is expensive
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:36:22 GMT
You could create a change-table in the database where all changes are
registered (you could add triggers to the database that registers
changes). Now your searchengine only has to check the changetable and
retrieve the changed data (and index it).

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Ranjan K. Baisak [mailto:ranjanbaisak@yahoo.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 13 april 2005 12:34
Aan: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Onderwerp: Dynamic index building is expensive

 Hello,
My application used swing and a data base application.
For searching mechanism, I'm using Lucene. I used to build the index
during application startup and any change to the DB also makes change
the index. So I have a thread which looks if any change has occurred in
DB and if so then updates index. This way of search is too expensive and
also does not have any performance benefit compare to DB search compare
to million of records in DB. Any suggestion to make index dynamic with
multiuser environment.

regards,
Ranjan