lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Monsur Hossain" <mon...@monsur.com>
Subject RE: IndexSearcher hanging on to old index files in Windows
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 02:19:43 GMT

Well, that's part of my question, sorry if it wasn't clear.  I'm not
explicitly closing the IndexSearcher, because there may be users still using
it.  Instead, I'm creating a new IndexSearcher, and leaving the old
IndexSearcher to be cleaned up by the GC, as suggested here:

http://tinyurl.com/8qzo4

In the example I just sent out, the IndexSearcher is open during the
incremental index, which could be the issue.  Its sort of like a catch-22
right now: I can't close the old IndexSearcher until the new index is ready,
and by the time the new index is ready, its too late to delete the old
files.

Thanks,
Monsur