lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Monsur Hossain" <mon...@monsur.com>
Subject RE: IndexSearcher hanging on to old index files in Windows
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:44:21 GMT

Hi there.  Thanks for the input.  I just pulled together a quick set of .NET
console apps to test this out.  I have an app that indexes and an app that
holds an open searcher.  Sure enough, after each incremental index/searcher
refresh, I can't delete the old index files.  I even tried doing a
gc.collect(), with no luck.

I'm currently porting these two apps over to Java to see if I get different
results; I'll post the code, and let you know what I find.

Monsur